COOK, Sudbury ON
Two (2) Permanent Part-time Positions
One (1) position at 7.5 hours per day – 4 days per week
One (1) position at 7.5 hours per day – 3 days per week
Rotating shifts with every other weekend off
Maison McCulloch Hospice (MMH) is a Centre of Excellence dedicated to the collaborative delivery of quality hospice palliative care in both official languages. We are growing and looking to hire interested candidates who want to pursue their career in a wonderful community. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application to the Human Resources Coordinator.
The cook is responsible for all aspects of food service of MMH including 15-day menu development according to Ministry of Health Dietary Standards, food preparation, food service, clean-up, inventory control, food shopping, and other assigned tasks. He/she maintains high standards of cleanliness, sanitation, and production in the food preparation and service areas. The cook provides direction and works collaboratively with Personal Support Workers regarding meal preparation and food service.
- Experience in cooking, food preparation and serving functions
- Skill, knowledge, and ability to set up food service systems that support the ability to offer high quality food service 24/7.
- Working knowledge of food service industry standards and regulations and Canada’s Food Guide to Healthy Eating
- Physically able to perform the duties of the position and stand for majority of the shift
- Possess or acquire Food Handler’s certification within 3 months of hire
- Possess or acquire WHMIS certification within 3 months of hire
- Positive attendance record
- Clear criminal record check
- Prior cooking experience in a hospital or long-term care facility is an asset
- Bilingualism (English/French), written and verbal, (or willingness to pursue) is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a sincere interest in people, the sick in particular, and possess a genuine sensitivity to their needs
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Organizational and time management abilities
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, and take initiative
- Salary range is from $16.00 to $21.00 per hour (depending on experience)
Interested candidates need to apply by sending a cover letter and detailed resume by 3:00 PM on January 27, 2021.
Attn: Human Resources Coordinator
Maison McCulloch Hospice
1028 South Bay Road, Sudbury, ON P3E 6J7
firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at (705) 674-5393