Residential Care Program
Not just a Residential Hospice!
When active treatment* of a life-limiting illness is no longer an option, Maison McCulloch Hospice offers a variety of palliative care support services that enhance quality of life and comfort in the location of your choice ~ completely free of charge and available when you need it most!
The Residential Care Program offers 20 private rooms with access to the following amenities:
- Lakeview rooms are available
- Each room includes a private bathroom, television, mini-fridge, recliner, dresser, and telephone.
- Wireless internet throughout the building.
- 24-hr access to prepared meals, snacks and beverages.
- Lunch service available to visitors for small donation.
- Family rooms where visitors may spend the night
- Children’s play room with gaming consoles
- Private dining room for family gatherings
- Sacred space – a room that may be used for quiet time, family meetings, and religious or spiritual ceremonies.
- Enclosed sun room
- Outside deck and boardwalk overlooking Bethel Lake.
Our Hospice team includes:
- attending and on-call physicians,
- registered nurses and registered practical nurses 24/7, personal support workers,
- Director of Care,
- Social worker/chaplain and pharmacists.
* Residents and clients must have a DO NOT RESUCIATATE confirmation as part of their health file.
The Pediatric Care Program provides 24/7 nursing and personal support end-of-life care to children and youth between the ages of 18 months to 18 years, with a cancer diagnosis. Admissions are contingent on bed availability. Parents/guardians can play an active role in their child’s care with access to a dedicated Family Room—a room extension right off of the child’s bedroom.
Alternate Short-Stay Palliative Beds: a new service offered to our Community Hospice Clients
Choosing to die at home can come with some uncertainty—what happens if the primary caregiver is suddenly unable to provide care and support? Knowing this can happen for different reasons, the Community Hospice Palliative Care Service now offers Short-Stay Palliative Beds that can be accessed at any time during the last 12 months of life.
These short-stay beds can be accessed for:
- Symptom Management—stabilize medications and pain management interventions and return home in comfort.
- Caregiver Education—come in and learn how to provide care to your loved one from our expert clinical team and return home with confidence.
- Caregiver Relief—let our residential hospice team look after you for a short stay while your caregiver is away, giving both peace of mind that all care needs are being looked after.