Maison McCulloch Hospice (MMH) is a Centre of excellence dedicated to the collaborative delivery of quality hospice palliative care in both official languages in the city of Greater Sudbury and the District of Sudbury. The Hospice helps individuals and their families realize their full potential to live even when they are dying, by attending to their physical, psychosocial, spiritual, and practical needs, in the location of their choice.
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for the successful human resources management activities, Hospice policies and employee benefits program in accordance with identified strategic directions, mission, vision, and core values.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Oversee recruiting, training, and orientation of all new employees.
- Oversee employee relations, employee performance, grievances, benefits and compensation.
- Maintain positive relationships between employees and management
- Analyze statistical reports to identify and determine issues and providing recommendations for improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
- CHRP designation and membership to a professional HR association an asset
- 2-4 years of experience in human resources and employment laws
- Experience in hospice palliative care preferred
Proven written and oral communication skills, in both English and French
- Strong understanding of employment legislation specific to Ontario (i.e. Employment Standards Act, Occupational H&S Act)
- Experience & knowledge of WSIB
Good understanding and working knowledge of HR policies and procedures as well as employee relations
- Proven competency in the operation of key office software and productivity tools such as MS Office suite of tools, working knowledge of an HRIS (i.e. Akira Wavelength)