Clinical Charge Nurse, Sudbury ON
Permanent Full-time Position (37.5 hours per week) – occasional shift work
Maison McCulloch Hospice (MMH) is a Centre of Excellence dedicated to the collaborative delivery of quality hospice palliative care in both official languages. We are growing and looking to hire interested candidates who want to pursue their career in a wonderful community. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application to the Human Resources Manager.
Reporting directly to the Director of Care (DOC), and indirectly to the Manager of Clinical Services. The Clinical Charge Nurse (CCN) is responsible for leading the team of residential nursing staff to ensure the delivery of an excellent standard of Hospice Palliative Care. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, the Clinical Charge nurse supports all staff that provide Care to residents in our Symptom Management and End-of-Life beds at Maison McCulloch Hospice (MMH). The CCN liaises with the DOC, Manager of Clinical Services, Executive Director (ED), physicians, Hospice Palliative Care Team, and members of community agencies that collaborate with MMH.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Orientate, supervise, and coordinate all residential Clinical staff (RNs, RPNS, PSWs).
- Process orders from physicians and any other required therapies.
- Mediate staff conflict dispute resolutions.
- Review, maintain current policies and procedures, and develop new ones required by clinical staff.
- Maintain and manage stock room inventory, re-ordering of medications and removal of discontinued medications.
- Work with Hospice Palliative Care Team to arrange admissions and discharges.
- Facilitate communication between residents / clients, the physician, and the care team by participating in rounds.
- Deal with resident/client and family complaints in conjunction with the DOC and / or ED.
- Assist in coordinating all training and education initiatives involving clinical staff and clinical students.
- Assume a leadership role in researching appropriate information implementing and modifying ongoing operations, while ensuring standards of excellence for HPC are in place and maintained.
- Work with staff to ensure compliance with all Health & Safety Program guidelines, policies, and expectations.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing with Certificate of Competence in the Province of Ontario
- Canadian Nurses Association certification in Hospice Palliative Care or in the process of working toward to obtain
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in Hospice Palliative Care
- Completion of Learning Essential Approaches to Palliative Care (LEAP) Core within 3 months of hire
- Completion of the Fundamentals of Palliative Care course and the Comprehensive Advanced Palliative Care Education Course (CAPCE) within 3 months of hire
- Current CPR-C AED certification
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- Valid driver’s license, use of a reliable vehicle, and willingness to travel on occasion
- Preferred but not required minimum 2 years’ experience working in a leadership role
- Bilingualism (English / French), written and verbal is an asset.
- Evidence of self-directed learning and demonstrated commitment to ongoing continuing education
- Ability to work independently, exercise sound judgement with decision making and accept responsibly for the outcomes
- Strong leadership skills with a positive mindset and team approach
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced sometimes challenging environment
- Proven ability to supervise, delegate, support, educate a team of nursing staff with an understanding of small unit culture
- Evidence of expert knowledge of specific computer skills / programs (Word, Excel, and Outlook
SALARY: Starting at $45.00 per hour
Interested candidates need to apply by sending a cover letter and detailed resume by 3:00 PM on August 13, 2021.
Attn: Human Resources Manager
Maison McCulloch Hospice
1028 South Bay Road, Sudbury, ON P3E 6J7
firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at (705) 674-5393