Maison McCulloch Hospice (MMH) is a Centre of excellence dedicated to the collaborative delivery of quality hospice palliative care in both official languages in the city of Greater Sudbury and the District of Sudbury. The Hospice helps individuals and their families realize their full potential to live even when they are dying, by attending to their physical, psychosocial, spiritual, and practical needs, in the location of their choice.
The Manager of Administrative Services will oversee the human resources activities, manage the Support Services team, and cooperate in maintaining efficient financial processes to reflect the high quality standards of the Hospice operations.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Oversee recruiting, training, and orientation of all new employees.
- Oversee employee relations, employee performance, grievances, benefits and compensation, as well as keep records.
- Maintain positive relationships between employees and management.
- Manage Support Services (housekeeping and maintenance) Staff – including work scheduling, orientation, and supervision.
- Work closely with bookkeeper and oversee accounting processes ensuring accuracy of payroll submissions and other accounting tasks.
- Analyze statistical reports to identify and determine issues and providing recommendations for improvements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration / Human Resources
- CHRP designation and membership to a professional HR association an asset
- 3-5 years of experience in human resources and employment laws.
- Experience in hospice palliative care preferred.
- Proven written and oral communication skills, in both English and French.
- Strong understanding of employment legislation specific to Ontario (i.e. Employment Standards Act, Occupational H&S Act).
- Experience & knowledge of WSIB.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of HR policies and procedures as well as employee relations.
- Good understanding and experience in accounting/bookkeeping best practices.
- Proven competency in the operation of key office software and productivity tools such as MS Office suite of tools, working knowledge of an HRIS (i.e. Akira Wavelength), Simply Accounting.
Interested candidates are required to send a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae by 3:00 PM on Thursday, October 31, 2019 as follows:
Acting Executive Director
Maison McCulloch Hospice
1028 South Bay Road, Sudbury ON P3E 6J7
firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at (705) 674-5393