Maison McCulloch Hospice (MMH) is a Centre of excellence dedicated to the collaborative delivery of quality hospice palliative care in both official languages in the city of Greater Sudbury and the District of Sudbury. The Hospice helps individuals and their families realize their full potential to live even when they are dying, by attending to their physical, psychosocial, spiritual, and practical needs, in the location of their choice.
The Executive Director is responsible for the successful management of MMH in accordance with identified strategic directions, mission, vision, and core values.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
* Operational Planning and Management.
* Program Planning and Management.
* Human Resources Planning and Management.
* Financial Oversight.
* Community and Political Relations.
* Quality, Safety and Risk Management.
* Reporting to and working effectively with a board of directors.
* Masters degree or equivalent.
* At least 5 years senior progressive management experience in a community health care environment with hospice/palliative clinical expertise preferred.
* Positive team player with a proven track record building community, fostering collaboration and working productively with stakeholders and service providers.
* Excellent communication skills in both official languages (oral, written, presentations).
* Emotional intelligence.
* Knowledge of potential clientele of MMH, demonstrated commitment to ensure quality care, and the skill set to develop and oversee effective strategies and programs.
* Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to non-profit sector.
* Demonstrated ability to develop effective teams and to utilize effective conflict resolution skills.
* Knowledge and applied experience with program design, evaluation and quality improvement in the non-profit sector.
*Working knowledge of LHIN and MOHLTC priorities, current health trends, legislation, programs, especially related to palliative care.
* Ability to integrate knowledge into program planning, policy and procedure writing.
* Proven background or experience in developing and building strong relationships with political and community stakeholders.
* Ability to exercise diplomacy, tact, sensitivity and discretion.
* Experience in integrating evidence-informed practice into operations.
* Proven experience managing staff: hiring, orienting, supervising and evaluating.
* Proficiency in financial management and experience in fiduciary responsibilities of LHIN/donor funded organizations.
* Strong marketing and business development skills with demonstrated leadership ability to expand and grow programs.
* Current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening.
* Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates are required to send a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae by 4:00 PM on July 8th, 2019 as follows:
Chair of the Board of Directors Maison McCulloch Hospice
1028 South Bay Road