- All video conferencing programs used in these programs are compliant with the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) and Personal Information Protection Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
2. Benefits / Eligibility Criteria of Virtual Hospice Palliative Care
- Palliative Care medical needs can be addressed for patients requiring a palliative approach to care via computer communication software.
- Appointments are coordinated so that patients have access to their physician, Nurse Practitioner, and a Palliative Care nurse from the comforts of their home when needed.
- Appointments are completed with stable patients only and home visits are to take place for patients that are experiencing unstable symptoms.
- This will allow patients to have the option to be seen face to face in person or virtually which increases capacity of the providers to see more patients.
- Accessible to patients of the Hospice Palliative Care Team (HPCT). REFERRAL MUST BE MADE BY A PHYSICIAN, THROUGH the North East Local Health Integration Network HOME & COMMUNITY CARE BRANCH, FOR PATIENTS THAT ARE HOME BOUND.
3. Virtual Initial Contact by HPCT Nurse with Community Client
- Initial appointment or contact can be coordinated between the primary nurse and the client.
- This first meeting allows for the client to see the primary nurse face to face as they will communicate via telephone while the client is on care with HPCT.
- This communication increases the comfort level of the client to have care provided both virtually and in person.
4. Virtual Care by the physician and / or Nurse Practitioner
- Visits can be coordinated via in person or virtually by a physician or Nurse Practitioner.
- Visits can also be coordinated when a community visiting nurse is present in the home if a specific hands-on assessment is required.
For more information or if you wish to access these virtual services, please contact the Hospice’s Manager of Clinical Services at the following coordinates:
Telephone: (705) 586-2273 ext. 224
Email: email@example.com .