Virtual Caregiver Support Workshop
- All video conferencing used in these programs will adhere to the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) and both the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
2. Virtual Workshop
- Virtual workshops allow learners to remain in the comfort of their homes, save on travel costs and reduces anxiety when needing to suddenly provide care for a loved one who is palliative.
- Virtual workshops will be available to caregivers who are currently receiving services through Residential Hospice, Visiting Hospice Service and Community Hospice Palliative Care Team.
- Education, tools on caregiving and the caregiving role.
3. Virtual Support Groups
- Offers a safe place, confidential and non-judgemental environment to discuss individually and collectively experiences with like minded people.
- This is a six week workshop focused on topics that are relevant to caring for a loved one at end-of-life.
- Duration of sessions will be between 1.5 hours to a maximum of 2 hours.
- Reflective work will be assigned weekly. Open discussion will follow at the following session.
- Resources related to each topic will be shared at the end of each session via email.
For more information or if you wish to access any of these virtual services, please contact the Hospice’s Client Services Coordinator at the following coordinates:
Telephone: 705-674-9252 Ext. 236
Email: email@example.com .