Two (2) Part-time Positions
6 hours per day (4 days on /3 days off)
Rotating shifts with every other weekend off
Maison McCulloch Hospice (MMH) is a Centre of Excellence dedicated to the collaborative delivery of quality hospice palliative care in both official languages. We are growing and looking to hire interested candidates who want to pursue their career in a wonderful community. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application to the Human Resources Manager.
The Dietary Aide reports to the Kitchen Coordinator or Cook on duty and is responsible for all aspects of MMH’s food service including food preparation, food service, clean-up and other assigned tasks. A high standard of cleanliness, sanitation, and production in the food preparation and service areas. The Dietary Aide works collaboratively with other Health Care staff members.
- 1 year of experience in cooking, food preparation and serving functions
- Skill, knowledge, and ability to set up food service systems that support the ability to offer high quality food service 24/7
- Working knowledge of food service industry standards and regulations and Canada’s Food Guide to Healthy Eating
- Physically able to perform the duties of the position and stand for majority of the shift
- Possess or acquire Food Handler’s certification within 3 months of hire
- Possess or acquire WHMIS certification within 3 months of hire
- Positive attendance record
- Clear criminal record check
- Prior cooking experience in a hospital or long-term care facility is an asset
- Bilingualism (English/French), written and verbal, (or willingness to pursue) is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Empathetic, demonstrate a sincere interest in people and possess a genuine sensitivity to their needs
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Organizational and time management abilities
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, and take initiative
- Starts at $19.00 per hour
Interested candidates need to apply by sending a cover letter and detailed resume by 3:00 PM on January 31, 2022.
Attn: Human Resources Manager
Maison McCulloch Hospice
1028 South Bay Road, Sudbury, ON P3E 6J7
email@example.com or by fax at (705) 674-5393