Residential Volunteer Coordinator, Sudbury ON
Permanent Full-time Position (37.5 hours per week)
Maison McCulloch Hospice (MMH) is a Centre of Excellence dedicated to the collaborative delivery of quality hospice palliative care in both official languages. We are growing and looking to hire interested candidates who want to pursue their career in a wonderful community. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application to the Human Resources Manager.
The Residential Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for coordinating, administering, documenting, training and maintaining an effective and comprehensive Residential Volunteer Program for MMH.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Recruits potential volunteers for participation in a direct resident service as well as indirect services (reception/administration, kitchen, fundraising, maintenance, housekeeping, gardening).
- Develops and maintains liaisons with recruitment sources including local media, MMH website and social media sites, retail outlets, libraries, churches, clubs, associations, etc.
- Screens potential volunteers and determines suitability in accordance with Hospice Palliative Care Ontario (HPCO) standards and approved MMH guidelines.
- Coordinates and implements initial and ongoing training in both official languages, in accordance with HPCO standards.
- Ensures appropriate matching of volunteers in accordance with resident and/or program needs.
- Schedules all volunteers for activities within MMH and in the community.
- Supervises volunteers to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Prepares a quarterly newsletter for volunteers and an annual volunteer survey to share with management.
- Participates in volunteer fairs and develops volunteer recognition events.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing need of MMH.
- Experience working with and managing volunteers
- Bilingualism (English/French), written and verbal
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- Must complete the 30-hour HPCO Volunteer Training at time of hire
- Certificate in Volunteer Management or equivalent
- Diploma in Social Services or Human Resources an asset
- Direct experience in hospice palliative care field preferred
- Proven ability to manage time effectively, organize priorities, and balance an ever-changing workload
- A demonstrated capacity for empathy
- Ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment, make appropriate decisions, and accept responsibility for outcomes
- Commitment to teamwork and the ability to work effectively with others
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Knowledge of relevant community resources
- A valid driver’s license and the use of a reliable vehicle & willing to travel as needed
SALARY: Starting at $24.94 per hour
Interested candidates need to apply by sending a cover letter and detailed resume by 3:00 PM on August 13, 2021.
Attn: Human Resources Manager
Maison McCulloch Hospice
1028 South Bay Road, Sudbury, ON P3E 6J7
firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at (705) 674-5393